Business leaders are rightly skeptical of team experiences that are more about “singing kumbaya” than about high performance, powerful strategy, and flawless execution of business objectives.
Team development becomes critical when the company is facing a new business challenge that requires a new kind of leadership. Some of these crisis points are:
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Reorgs and reductions in force
- Team conflict
- New CEO
- Transformational change
- Rapid growth
Our team-development approach includes:
- Initial assessment of the business context and challenges
- Data collection from each team member, through surveys and/or interviews, to understand the dynamics of the team – what is working and what is not
- Team interventions, which can vary from simple meeting facilitation around key topics to a multi-day offsite designed to trigger significant change in the team’s functioning
- Partnerships with other specialists who bring unique and innovative approaches to team building
- Follow-up measures and interventions to ensure that changes are “sticky”
Management Due Diligence
A huge part of the current value and potential growth of a company lies in the talent and capabilities of the management team. Investors who are evaluating a target company are increasingly using Management Due Diligence to provide a rapid, thorough assessment of the team’s ability to deliver against the investment thesis.
Our Management Due Diligence process enables investors to more confidently answer key questions like:
- Can this management team scale the company?
- Who should stay? Who needs to be re-cast? Who should go? What is the best timeline?
- How can the investors help the management team reach the goal faster?
- What elements of the target company culture will help and what will get in the way? How do we best manage the culture?
- Given the management team issues, do the investors still want to proceed?
Our Management Due Diligence process includes:
- Gaining clarity and alignment around the investment thesis
- Creating a customized dashboard that clearly outlines what success looks like
- Assessing individual leaders and the management team as a whole to determine fit with the dashboard
- Providing detailed assessment reports and recommendations
We utilize a variety of assessment methods, including structured in-depth interviews and specific assessment instruments. Our process emphasizes speed, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.