As companies and organizations change and grow, the tasks and expectations of the Board members also change. There is often a point in the development of a company when the Board needs to review how it operates: its structure, its Board member selection and on-boarding processes, its processes and procedures, its relationship with the CEO and other executives, etc.
Our process is customized to the needs of each organization, and may include:
- Board assessment through surveys and/or interviews
- Design of a Board member selection and on-boarding process
- Off-sites to assist the Board with change management, strategic leadership, and other issues
- Facilitation of Board meetings
- Design of Board evaluation processes
“It has been my pleasure to work closely with Gail Golden at the request of corporate boards on executive level internal investigations. She is the ultimate professional. She is thoughtful, a superb listener, and a problem solver who works with the utmost discretion in the most sensitive of investigations. Gail inspires confidence from the moment she walks in the door and brings each matter to a successful conclusion using an individualized approach to every situation. I highly recommend her coaching ability as well.”
—Laurel Bellows, Managing Partner, The Bellows Law Group
CEO Succession Planning
Leadership is not one-size-fits-all. We help companies identify the specific leadership competencies that will drive their business strategy. By addressing cultural issues such as cronyism, we help companies move to a performance-based evaluation process. We help senior leaders become better developers of talent and we coach CEO’s on how to hold their senior leaders accountable for developing the talent on their teams. Our emphasis is on breaking down the silos that often interfere with leveraging talent most effectively across the company.
Once your organization has a clear picture of its succession plan, we will help you fill the gaps by designing a targeted leadership development program that builds on the capabilities of your current team and helps you select the outside talent your organization needs.
Finding the right leaders is critical to your company’s success. Hiring the wrong person can be one of the most expensive mistakes you will ever make. Our combination of business acumen and psychological expertise will enable you to select and promote leaders who combine technical expertise with the leadership dimensions your company needs.
- We start by interviewing the hiring manager to understand the key success factors for the role and the questions you need answered.
- Utilizing expert behavior-based interviewing and focused assessment tools, we assess candidates’ strengths and deficits.
- We provide immediate verbal feedback to the hiring manager, a written report, and comparisons between candidates.
- We give feedback to the candidates, whether or not they are hired.
- Our assessment includes developmental suggestions explicitly linked to the role expectations. This provides the basis for a New Leader Integration plan which accelerates the effectiveness of the leader in his/her new role.
Our executive assessment package enables you to get the right leaders in the right roles performing at their best quickly.
Our coaching model is all about performance. Our goal is to help you maximize your effectiveness as a business leader – fast.
- Regular 1-1 meetings with your coach are only the beginning.
- With your permission, we will meet with your manager and other stakeholders to gather information about your role, your leadership impact, and their expectations.
- We will help you prepare a rigorous development plan and hold yourself accountable for carrying it through.
- We will guide you to mentors within your company, resources in your community, and relevant books and courses.
- We will challenge and support you every step of the way.
We have helped hundreds of business leaders increase their effectiveness and accelerate their careers – and we can help you.